Brainerd Park Photography Contest
Starting June 1, 2020 Brainerd Parks and Recreation will accepting photography submissions for the Summer Photography contest. Photos will be due by midnight August 31, 2020. We ask that the photos be taken in our parks. The winner will be used for the Brainerd Parks and Recreation Summer Guide Cover for 2021 and be recognized on our website, social media, and in the Brainerd Dispatch.
- There is no fee to enter the contest.
- The contest is open to all photographers.
- Entries received from photographers under the ages of 12-years-old must have parental consent.
- Only one photo submission per person.
- Photo must be taken in a City of Brainerd Park (click here to view all of our parks!)
- Photo must be JPG or PNG
- Set at no less than 5 megapixels high resolution. (To determine if your image meets the 5 megapixel requirement, simply multiply the vertical and horizontal pixel dimensions together, and if they result islarger than 5,000,000 your image size is large enough).
- Watermarks: The City of Brainerd prefers to receive entries without watermarks. If you choose to submit an entry with a watermark, please make it small and place it on the edge of the image. The City of Brainerd reserves the right to remove watermarked entries from the contest.
- The City will not accept hard copies of photographs.
- If there are identifiable people in the photo and it was taken in a non-public space, it is the responsibility of the photographer to obtain permission to use the photo.
- Incomplete entries will not be judged. Contestants must provide Name, email address, telephone number, and age group as well as the photo file.
- The City of Brainerd reserves the right to remove from the contest any submitted image that depicts illegal, unsafe, patently offensive, or otherwise inappropriate content, advertising, content implying City support or sponsorship, or any other content thta the City deems, contrary to the goals and intent of the contest.
- I hereby give permission to the City of Brainerd or anyone authorized by the City of Brainerd to use and/or reproduce any or all digital images for any purpose including multi-media publications (print, Internet, broadcast television, presentations and internal City use) without compensation to me. The City will make every reasonable effort to ensure the creator of the image is properly credited when the image is used.
- I understand that my submission may be used in its entirety or in part and may be revised, modified, or combined with other images for use by the City.
- I understand that any digital images submitted will become and remain property of the City.
- I understand that any digital images submitted may be reviewed by the public and may be displayed in City and non-City facilities.
- I have received permission from all person(s) in the photograph(s) for use of their image as part of my entry into the City of Brainerd Annual Photography Contest.
- I certify that the photos I submitted are unique and original, taken by me, and do not infringe upon any copyright or patent.
- I certify that I have read and understand the rules of the contest.
Any submission received after the entry deadline will not be eligible.
- Photos will be judged on the basis of visual appeal (quality and clarity), pictorial composition, and originality as well as how well the photograph portrays the community of Brainerd. Decisions of the judging panel are final.
Please submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org, title the subject as Brainerd Parks Photography Contest.We will send a confirmation email response stating we have received your submission. A winner will be announced Wednesday, September 2, 2020.