Handgun Permits

Permit to Carry

The Crow Wing County Sheriff's Office will process all applications for Permits to Carry a Handgun for the residents of Crow Wing County. As long as the applicant lives within the county (which does include the city limits of a city that has a full-time or part-time police department) they can stop by the Crow Wing County Sheriff's Office to apply. For additional information, please contact the Crow Wing County Sheriff's Office at 218-829-4749, or follow this link to the information on their website.

Permit to Purchase

The Brainerd Police Department will process applications for Permits to Purchase a Handgun for all applicants who reside within the City Limits of Brainerd. An applicant who resides within the city limits of one the following cities that has an active police department should go to their local police department to apply for the permit: Baxter, Breezy Point, Crosby, Crosslake, Cuyuna, Deerwood, Emily, Nisswa, or Pequot Lakes. The Sheriff's Office will process applications for applicants who reside in all other areas of Crow Wing County.

Related Links