The purpose of this page is to provide residents, business owners, contractors and visitors to the area an educational opportunity to better understand the value of stormwater so we can best protect the water resources of the community. The stormwater page will highlight the efforts done by the City to provide stormwater management and provides a resource to developers and citizens for compliance with local, state and federal stormwater ordinances and laws.
City of Brainerd's MS4 Permit
Education & Outreach
Initiatives related to pollution prevention/good housekeeping activities
- Fact Sheets / Brochures
Funding is provided through the City's Storm Water Utility.
Storm Water Projects
- Little Buffalo Creek Rain Gardens
- There are no specific storm water projects identified at this time
City ordinances related to storm water:
- Erosion Control (PDF)
- Storm Sewer Utility (PDF)
- Storm Water Management (PDF)
- Storm Water and Urban Runoff Pollution (PDF)
City of Brainerd Standard Operating Procedures and Enforcement Response PlanThe City of Brainerd's Standard Operating Procedures for enforcement of stormwater ordinances and regulations per the City's MS4 (Municipal Seperate Storm Sewer System) Permit administered throgh the MPCA (Minnesota Pollution Control Agency).
- Construction Site Erosion and Sediment Control Standard Operating Procedures (PDF)
- Pollution Prevention and Good Housekeeping for Municipal Operations Standard Operating Procedures (PDF)
- Spill Response Standard Operating Procedures (PDF)
- Illicit Discharge Detection and Elimination Standard Operating Procedures (PDF)
- Enforcement Response Plan (PDF)
Storm Water Management Plans
- Storm Water Management Plan Requirements (PDF)
- ESC BMP Standard Details
- Construction Site Erosion Control Inspection Form (PDF)
Best Management Practices
More Storm Water Information
Public Comment & Complaint Procedure
The City would like feedback on its storm water ordinances, policies and SWPPP. If you have any questions, comments, complaints, or input on storm water related issues please give us a call at 218-828-2309, or email us.
Report Illicit Discharges
To report illegal dumping or illicit discharges into the storm sewer system, please call us at 218-828-2309 or email us.